What is the Auxiliary?
Founded on a tradition of giving the Guthrie County Hospital Auxiliary is a non-profit service organization whose mission is to work in conjunction with the Guthrie County Hospital by volunteering to promote the health of our community.
This volunteer organization augments the programs and services of Guthrie County Hospital by hosting numerous fundraising activities throughout the year, presenting monetary gifts to the hospital to aid in the purchase of new equipment. Their contributions are far reaching and provide valuable benefits for the patients, families and employees of Guthrie County Hospital.
The Auxiliary welcomes new members and encourages interested individuals to join. Through a membership fee, each person contributes to the success of our organization’s goals. An active member can be involved in Auxiliary business meetings or help with fundraisers and other hospital projects. If being a supporting member is your choice, you can be a member in name only, or choose to be involved in a project. The choices are available and easily marked on the enclosed membership card.
We sincerely hope you will join the Auxiliary as we work together to keep our hospital a vital part of our community and area. If you have any questions, or would like to receive additional information concerning Auxiliary membership, please don’t hesitate to contact Heather Martens at (641) 332-3859.
Members of the Auxiliary are given the opportunity to:
- Serve the community and support local healthcare.
- Use their individual skills and hobbies to help others.
- Spend vital time and resources with fundraising events as well as serving on Auxiliary committees.
- Attend all fundraising efforts.
- Meet new friends and establish relationships all while having fun!
- Active Member-$5 annually
- Supporting Member-$10 annually
- Lifetime Member-$50 onetime fee
Click here to become a member today!
Meetings are held the second Thursday of every other month (Feb.-Dec.).
The Guthrie County Hospital Auxiliary offers a $500 scholarship to students currently attending these high schools, pursuing a career in a medical or health related profession, and has a grade point average of 3.0 or better. Applications and additional information are due the third Friday of April.
Special Events & Programs Sponsored by the Auxiliary
- Scholarships for students majoring in the health care field
- Biannual Baked Potato Bar & Bake Sale
- Jewelry Sales: Masquerade $5
- Patient bags
- Auxiliary vending machine located in the Main Lobby of the hospital
Karen Hawley & Linda Webber