INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION AVAILABLE (Full-time)
Advanced Practice Provider – Emergency and Clinic
(Position Vacancy 2021-3232)
Guthrie County Hospital has a full-time Advanced Practice Provider position available. This position reports to the Director of Clinics and the Chief Nursing Officer, works an average of 40 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday in the clinic and 12-24 hours in the Emergency Department on varying shifts including holidays.
Provides primary health care, emergency department, and specialized nursing services to individuals, families, groups and communities. Diagnoses medical conditions, plans and implements interventions, and evaluates patient responses. Triages, assesses, stabilizes, and treats injuries, and acute and chronic illnesses.
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Minimum five years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a related health care setting
- Two to five years working in rural emergency medicine as the sole provider with collaborating physician or designated supervising physician available via phone, preferred for ER provider.
- Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of Iowa
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current DEA Registration
- Current Iowa controlled substance registration
- Dependent Adult & Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training
Please submit applications to:
Guthrie County Hospital
710 N. 12th St
Guthrie Center, IA 50115
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)