INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION AVAILABLE (Part-time)
Emergency Department Technician – Nursing
(Position Vacancy 2020-6022)
Guthrie County Hospital has two part-time Emergency Department Technician positions available. This position reports to the Emergency Department Manager, works an average of 36 hours every other week: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM weekend hours, including every other holiday.
Framed within the mission, vision, and values of Guthrie County Hospital (GCH), the Emergency Department Technician provides comprehensive, compassionate and quality care for patients in the Emergency Department. Care is provided in conjunction with, and under the direction of the ED nurse and/or ED provider. Promotes a positive image of Guthrie County Hospital. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
- Meets one or more of the following:
- Graduate from an accredited school of EMS with a current Iowa license
- Complete certification requirements for an EMT from an accredited program with a current Iowa license
- Certified Nurse Aide certification or experiences as working as a medical technician in an inpatient or ED setting for 1 year.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required for EMT or Paramedic
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), required for EMT or Paramedic
- Previous EMS or ED experience preferred
- Dependent Adult and Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training
Please submit applications to:
Guthrie County Hospital
710 N. 12th St
Guthrie Center, IA 50115
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)