INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION AVAILABLE (Full-time)
Clinical Informatics Specialist – GCH Clinics
(Position Vacancy 2021-S2)
Guthrie County Hospital has a full-time Clinical Informatics position available. This position reports to the Director of Clinics, works an average of 40 hours per week, on varying shifts including weekends and on-call.
Performs healthcare application support, installation, and maintenance. Develops and trains end users on clinical computer applications and on-line documentation, to include providers and clinic staff. Researches, analyzes, and makes recommendations for application work flow improvements. Participates in system review, design, development, and testing of multiple healthcare applications. Develops protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics. Ensures compliance with regulations focusing on quality data reporting, key improvement drivers, and ACO measures.
Works in conjunction with the Information Technology department and is responsible for clinical functionality, training and teaching super-users and end-users at the clinics in EPIC system. Works integrally with IT department in identifying, troubleshooting, and problem resolution to ensure maximum uninterrupted reliable operation of clinical applications and equipment.
- Associate degree with equivalent experience and extensive understanding of clinical processes as they relate to workflow and information technologies, Registered Nurse licensure preferred
- Experience in healthcare field with particular emphasis on clinical workflow as they relate in a clinical setting
- High degree of proficiency and expertise working with PC’s and information systems
- Experience in developing training material, and providing teaching to individuals on course material and software as outlined in this job description listed below
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of current medical information technology and applications, experience with EPIC clinical applications preferred
- Experience with telemedicine applications and equipment preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Willing to learn essential system maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
Please submit applications to:
Guthrie County Hospital
710 N. 12th St
Guthrie Center, IA 50115
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)