INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION AVAILABLE (Full-time)
CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – LABORATORY
(Position Vacancy 2021-7012)
Guthrie County Hospital has a full-time Clinical Lab tech position available. This position reports to the Lab manager, works an average of 40 hours per week, on varying shifts with rotating holidays and weekends.
Performs various clinical, microscopic and bacteriological tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Receives or obtains specimens for analysis and applies techniques used in fields of bacteriology, parasitology, hematology, immunohematology, serology, chemistry and morphological examinations and records test results in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and regulatory agency requirements (FDA, AABB, CLIA, etc.) to achieve the best quality patient care.
- Bachelor’s of Science or Associate’s degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology or has passed the proficiency test given by Health and Human Services for Clinical Lab Technologists or qualified as described in CLIA reg 493.1489.
- Experience with the use and limitations of laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Familiar with standard laboratory methods and procedures
- Mandatory adult/child abuse reporter
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
Please submit applications to:
Guthrie County Hospital
710 N. 12th St
Guthrie Center, IA 50115
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)