INTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION AVAILABLE (Full-time)
(Position Vacancy 2020-7181)
Guthrie County Hospital has a full-time Coder Non-Certified/Certified position available. This position reports to the Director of Health Information Management. Work an average of 40 hours per week.
This position assigns codes, enters codes into the billing system and performs utilization review of patient files to ensure the accuracy of patient billing and reimbursement filings.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a hospital/medical clinic setting, with Rural Health coding/billing experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology and anatomy
- Knowledgeable in coding diagnosis and procedures and the software used for such
- Associates degree in medical field or related degree preferred
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred, required for Certified Coder. Education to become certified may be available, if completed within one year of hire.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR) preferred
Please submit applications to:
Guthrie County Hospital
710 N. 12th St
Guthrie Center, IA 50115
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)