GCH Emergency Care is staffed with physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses 24/7
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY: CALL 911
Guthrie County Hospital is a Level lV Trauma Facility, which provides initial evaluation, stabilization, diagnostic capabilities, and transfers to a higher level of care. It may also provide surgery and critical care services, as defined in the scope of services for trauma care.
Our emergency department is available for all types of traumas and medical emergencies for both adults and pediatrics.
We have a large trauma room that is equipped for two patients and two single patient ER rooms.
The ER averages 2,900 patients a year.
A trauma trained nurse is immediately available, and a ER provider is available upon the patient’s arrival to the Emergency Department.
We are honored to provide healthcare services for you and your family. We are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate medical care.
Features of our Emergency Department:
- All ER nurses are certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC
- ER nurse and provider on 24/7
- Utilization of One Call Transfer Center which expedites well organized transfers to higher level of care facilities (IMMC, Blank, Lutheran, and Mercy)
- Ambulance staffed with Paramedics on call 24/7
- Helicopter services (Air Life, Life Flight)
- Ancillary Services on call 24/7:
- Ancillary Services that are used in ER:
- Respiratory Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Services
- Cardiac Monitoring Equipment
- Advanced Airway Management capabilities
Symptoms requiring Emergency Care:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Head or neck injuries
- Breathing difficulty of any type
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Acute abdominal pain
- Heavy bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden severe headaches, paralysis, seizure or stroke symptoms
For further information, call 641-332-2201