The Food Service Department provides multiple services at Guthrie County Hospital.
These include the following:
Daily Meal Service for: patients, employees, and visitors.
Catering for: In hospital events and hospital related meetings
Nutritional Counseling *Provided by a registered licensed dietitian
Available to employees, visitors, patients, and to the public.
- Beverages available daily– free of charge.
- Staffed Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed major holidays and during inclement weather)
- 7:30—9:00: A la carte breakfast items available
- 11:30—1:00: Lunch served—includes an option of the main meal or the substitute item of the day, salad bar, and soup (seasonal).
If a guest of a patient would like to eat in the patient’s room, a meal may either be taken up from Sneakers Café or a guest tray may be requested.
- Guest trays are requested from the admissions office. This will be delivered to the patient room at the same time as the patient meal.
Congregate Meals **
Served at Sneakers Café, Monday through Friday. No meals available on major holidays or during inclement weather. This service is available for Seniors age 60 and older.
- No reservation is needed
- All menus follow Elderbridge approved menus, and provide at least 1/3rd of the nutritional needs of individuals 60 and older.
Home Delivered Meals **
Homebound residents of Guthrie Center can enjoy a nutritious meal delivered to their home Monday through Friday. No meal delivery on major holidays or during inclement weather. Delivery service is provided by volunteers from the area churches and organizations. This service is available for seniors age 60 and older who are not able to easily leave their home to come to the meal site for lunch.
**Congregate meals and home delivered meals are funded by donations and by the Elderbridge Agency on Aging. The program does not charge for meals, but donations from clients for their meals help with the cost of the service.
For more information on these services, please call us at 641-332-3818.