In an effort to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe, Guthrie County Hospital is implementing a Temporary Flu Visitation Rules effective immediately.
GCH has seen a significant increase in positive flu tests and people reporting flu-like illness. Iowa Department of Public Health is reporting the flu is still wide spread.
Precautionary Visitor Guidelines for Inpatient Care and ER Care
- Limit of 2 visitors at a time in patient room
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older, including siblings. (For cases involving critically ill patients or end-of-life situations, please visit with nurse.)
Please DO NOT VISIT patients or dine in Sneakers Cafe if:
- You are experiencing coughing or sneezing.
- Have or have had any flu-like symptoms during the past 7 days. Those symptoms include:
- Fever 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, and
- Cough, and/or
- Sore throat.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact your primary care provider by phone and determine the care you need.