SECTION 00 1113
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
PROJECT: GCH – REHAB ENTRANCE
GUTHRIE COUNTY HOSPITAL
BIDS DUE: April 5, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Architect (hereinafter referred to as Architect/Engineer):
4125 Westown Parkway, Ste 100
West Des Moines, IA 50266
PREBID MEETING: There is no pre bid meeting. A pre bid walkthrough can be scheduled with:
Roger Madsen, Director of Plant Operations
TO: POTENTIAL BIDDERS
- Sealed bids will be received by the Owner at Guthrie County Hospital, Todd Neff Conference Room until 2:00 PM, Central Time, on April 5, 2023.
- Bids will be considered by the Owner at a public meeting to be held at Guthrie County Hospital Todd Neff Conference Room at 4:00 PM, Central Time, on April 20, 2023 or at such later time and place as may then be fixed.
- The general nature of the work is as follows:
- A 600 SF +/- addition for a handicap accessible entrance vestibule to the existing Rehab/wellness building.
- The work must commence on/or around June 15, 2023 and must be completed by November 29, 2023.
- Bidding documents may be examined online at :
- Bid Clerk bidclerk.com 28 N. Clark St., Suite 450, Chicago, IL 60602
- Construction Market Data cmdgroup.com 30 Technology Parkway South, Suite 100, Norcross, GA 30092 email@example.com
- Rapids Reproductions, DFS Plan Room, Shive-Hattery Custom Portal, rapidsrepro.com 6015 Huntington Ct. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Action Reprographics, actionrepro.com, 5037 NE 14th Street, Des Moines, IA
- Dodge Data & Analytics, construction.com 4300 Beltway Place, Ste. 180, Arlington, TX 76018-5253
- Master Builders of Iowa mbionline.com, 221 Park Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the Bidding documents may be obtained by Bidders and Subbidders at the Architect/Engineer’s office [or some other location with name, address and telephone number inserted here] in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders upon depositing the sum of fifty ($50.00) for each set of documents. A Master Builders card may be presented in place of a deposit. The deposit will be refunded in full upon return of the documents in good condition within ten days after receipt of bids.
Each Bidder shall accompany the Bid with a Bid security, in a separate envelope, as security that the successful bidder will enter into a contract for the work bid upon and will furnish after the award of the contract corporate surety bond or bonds, acceptable to the Owner, for the faithful performance of the contract, in an amount equivalent to one hundred percent of the amount of the contract. The bidder’s security shall be in an amount equivalent to 5% of the bid amount, and shall be in the form of a cashier’s or certified check drawn on a bank in Iowa or a bank chartered under the laws of the United States of America, or a certified bank share draft drawn
on a credit union in Iowa or chartered under the laws of the United States of America or a bid bond with corporate surety satisfactory to the Owner. The bid security will be held by the Owner until a contract is fully executed and bonds are approved by the Owner.
All Bidders are required to provide a statement regarding their residency status as required by 875 Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 156.
Contractors using “materials, supplies, and equipment” on projects in designated “exempt entities” may purchase these items without liability for the sales tax. The contractor must have a purchasing agent authorization letter and an exemption certificate from the public entity to present to the retailer, which specifies the construction project and will be available for that project only.
Owner will issue an authorization letter and an exemption certificate to the contractor and/or subcontractors for the purchase or use of building materials, supplies, and equipment to be used on this project only. DO NOT include sales tax on your bid form.
No bid may be withdrawn for a period of 30 days after the date of the scheduled closing time for the receipt of bids.
Bidders shall be prepared to submit a performance bond and payment bond conditioned on the faithful performance of the contract. Out-of-state bidders shall be prepared to submit an Out-of-State Contractor Bond to the Iowa Division of Labor in accordance with Chapter 91C of the Code of Iowa.
It is the intent of the Owner to award a contract to the lowest responsible, responsive bidder provided the bid has been submitted in accordance with the bidding requirements. The Owner reserves the right to waive informalities or irregularities. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Published by order of the Board of Directors of Guthrie Center, Iowa.
Submit your offer on the Bid Form provided. Bidders may supplement this form as appropriate.
GCH – Rehab Entrance
Project # 2142206400
Advertisement for Bids
00 1113 – 2 Issued for Bid 03-09-2023